Brave Day Limited (FSP39822) holds a license issued by the Financial Markets Authority to provide financial advice.
Nature and Scope of Advice
Brave Day Limited (BRAVEday) provides advice services to our clients about their life insurance, trauma, income and mortgage protection, total & permanent disability and health insurance.
Our financial advisers provide insurance advice only.
We only provide insurance advice about products from certain providers. For new life insurance policies we work with five companies: AIA, Asteron, Cigna, Fidelity and Partners Life.
In addition to the above we can also provide advice on historic life insurance policies in place with AMP but are unable to transact any new policies.
For health insurance we work with five companies: Accuro, AIA, Nib, Partners Life and Southern Cross.
In providing you with financial advice, we will only consider existing term life, trauma, income & mortgage protection, total & permanent disability and health insurance policies (if any). We will not provide advice on existing whole of life or endowment products, you will need to consult a specialist if you would like advice on those products.
We utilise independent research provided by Quality Product Research Limited. This research classifies and ranks products by provider highlighting product differences and ratings and allows us to ensure the product mix we recommend is fit for purpose.
Fees and Expenses
BRAVEday does not charge fees, expenses or any other amount for the financial advice provided to its clients. We do not charge a fee for clients to implement an insurance plan.
However, we may charge a fee if you are not currently a BRAVEday client and we are helping you with a claim for a policy that we did not implement.
We will discuss with you the nature and total amount of any fees that you will be charged, and how they must be paid, prior to you going ahead with this service. Our standard fees are set out below:
- $250 per hour
All fees and charges are quoted exclusive of GST. Any GST applicable will be added to the quoted fee or charge and is payable by you.
For life insurance and health insurance, BRAVEday receives commissions from the insurance companies on whose policies we give advice. If you decide to take out insurance, the insurer will pay a commission to BRAVEday and your financial adviser. The amount of the commission is based on the amount of the premium.
To ensure that our financial advisers prioritise the client’s interests above their own, we follow an advice process that ensures our recommendations are made on the basis of the client’s needs and circumstances. Our financial advisers undergo annual training about how to manage conflicts of interest. We undertake a compliance audit, and a review of our compliance programme annually by a reputable compliance adviser.
Complaints Handling and Dispute Resolution
If you are not satisfied with our financial advice service you can make a complaint by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling
(09) 480 6113. You can also write to us at: PO Box 34586, Birkenhead, Auckland 0746.
When we receive a complaint, we will consider it following our internal complaints review process:
- We will consider your complaint and let you know how we intend to resolve it. We may need to contact you to get further information about your complaint
- We aim to resolve complaints within 5 working days of receiving them. If we can’t, we will contact you within that time to let you know we need more time to consider your complaint
- We will contact you by phone or email to let you know whether we can resolve your complaint and how we propose to do so
If we can’t resolve your complaint, or you aren’t satisfied with the way we propose to do so, you can contact Insurance & Financial Services Ombudsman Scheme Inc. Level 2, Solnet House, 70 The Terrace, Wellington, 6143 or visit www.ifso.nz.
Insurance & Financial Services Ombudsman Scheme Inc. provides a free, independent dispute resolution service that may help investigate or resolve your complaint, if we haven’t been able to resolve your complaint.
BRAVEday, and anyone who gives financial advice on their behalf, have duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way that we give advice:
We are required to:
- Give priority to your interest by taking all reasonable steps to make sure our advice isn’t materially influenced by our own interests
- Exercise care, diligence, and skill in providing you with advice
- Meet standards of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure that we have the expertise needed to provide you with advice)
- Meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure we treat you as we should, and give you suitable advice)
This is only a summary of the duties that we have. More information is available by contacting us, or by visiting the Financial Markets Authority website at www.fma.govt.nz
Brave Day Limited (FSP39822) is the Financial Advice Provider
You can contact us at:
Phone: (09) 480 6113 or 0800 BRAVEDAY
Address: 1 Nile Road, Milford, Auckland 0620 or PO Box 35686, Birkenhead, Auckland 0746